The advantages of running an online affiliate marketing business compared to a traditional off-line business are numerous, so let’s look at just six, which will help you determine whether this is the type of business for you.
1. Overheads and running costs are very much lower. To start and run a successful online affiliate marketing business from your own home you will only need a computer and Internet access. You just need to compare that with the expenses involved in running a traditional business from a shop or an office and it is very clear that setting up an affiliate marketing business from home is extremely inexpensive to do. The other great advantage is you will not have expenses such as renting office space, paying insurance, hiring employees, etc.
2. Traditional retail businesses are usually required to keep substantial stocks of the products that they sell. This means that they have to rent storage space then pay an employee to unload the boxes and stock the shelves and cover other logistical costs. You are not required to stock any inventory at all, which represents a huge cost saving for an online affiliate marketing business as the merchant ships everything to your customers for you.
3. You can easily set up multiple businesses in various different niches as an affiliate marketer. You will be able to start another one once one website is up and running and bringing in a consistent income as it will not require too much maintenance. With a traditional business this is hard to do because you are generally locked into one theme for your business and the logistics required to diversify are much more complicated, making it much more difficult to expand.
4. A few traditional businesses manage to grow to a point where they are marketing on a worldwide scale, however most traditional businesses are local to their marketplace. As a successful online affiliate marketer you will attract customers from all over the world. Online affiliate marketing is a truly global business because wherever people can plug into the internet they will be able to purchase the products that you are offering.
5. An incredible amount of money can be made as an affiliate marketer. Many internet millionaires have been made in a short period of time by affiliate marketers simply selling other people’s products online. That kind of performance curve is very difficult to achieve with a traditional off-line business.
6. The fact that your online business is open 24 hours a day to make you money is a very important factor. Most traditional off-line businesses only operate five or six days a week and run from nine to five. As an affiliate marketer your business is open seven days a week, all year round, it never closes.
These six advantages of running an online affiliate marketing business that have been discussed here show you why affiliate marketing is better than a traditional off-line business. If you are not currently an online affiliate marketer and want to start a new business on a shoestring budget, then perhaps this business model would be worth looking into.
Cynthia Minnaar runs her own Online Affiliate Marketing Business full-time from home. She invites you to discover the affiliate marketing business model she used to start an online business of her own.
var _gaq = _gaq || ; _gaq.push(['_setAccount', 'UA-34345339-1']); _gaq.push(['_trackPageview']);